- 20 Things To Consider Before Having Microdermabrasion
- Why do you choose organic?
- Can an alkaline diet give you beautiful skin?
- Pathogens in cosmetics: how to avoid contaminating your skin care products
- 7-minute workout app: a new mum's best friend
- HAIR BREAKAGE: 4 FACTORS TO CONSIDER
- 17 frightening facts you should know about skin care products
- New Year's Resolutions: 5 keys to reigniting love in your life
- REBIRTH: Mukti Organic Skincare’s newest incarnation is beautiful inside and out
- Why our biophotonic glass will make you happy
5 natural shower products to keep you clean and green
Categories: Eco, Health and wellbeingAugust 18, 2014 | Posted by Mukti
1. Plant-based shower cleaner
Shower and bath cleaners usually contain nasties like triclosan, so use a 50/50 vinegar and water spray to remove soap scum and mould. (Some distilled or white vinegars are derived from petroleum, so make sure you choose one made from malt or corn). If you want to buy a natural shower cleaning product, try the Ecostore Bathroom and Shower Cleaner, which is plant-based and cruelty-free.
2. Hemp shower curtain
A hemp shower curtain is a cool and classy addition to every eco-lover's bathroom. Hemp shower curtains are strong and water resistant and unlike PVC shower curtains, they don't release any VOCs (volatile organic compounds). Buy one at Etsy or here.
3. Organic moss shower mat
For the ultimate in eco-conscious living, a moss shower mat lives off the humidity in your bathroom and sucks up the water that drips off your body after a shower. It feels soft on your tootsies, too. You can buy them online or if you're really keen, make your own.
4. Certified organic bodywash
Soap can be tough on your skin, which we wrote about in this blog post. Our Pink Grapefruit Bodywash is a gentle foaming gel that leaves your skin clean, moisturised and silky smooth. Containing organic plant extracts and pure essential oils, it's suitable for babies and children and makes an excellent organic bubble bath.
5. Certified organic shampoo & conditioner
Our delicious smelling Botanique Shampoo and Conditioner are infused with herbal extracts, vitamins and essential oils to really nourish your hair and leave it looking amazingly shiny and conditioned. As an added bonus, they are both vegan products and are free from gluten and wheat. Read some independent reviews here and here.
Do you have any favourite organic or natural shower products you'd like to share with us?
Hi, I'm Mukti, the founder and creator of Mukti Organics. My aim is to assist you in achieving beautiful, radiant skin without using products containing toxic chemicals. Certified organic skin care is better for you, your family and our planet. Click here to sign up and receive 15% off your first order. Signing up and commenting on our blog posts enters you into our bimonthly draw to receive $150 worth of products of your choice.