- 20 Things To Consider Before Having Microdermabrasion
- Why do you choose organic?
- Can an alkaline diet give you beautiful skin?
- Pathogens in cosmetics: how to avoid contaminating your skin care products
- 7-minute workout app: a new mum's best friend
- HAIR BREAKAGE: 4 FACTORS TO CONSIDER
- New Year's Resolutions: 5 keys to reigniting love in your life
- 17 frightening facts you should know about skin care products
- REBIRTH: Mukti Organic Skincare’s newest incarnation is beautiful inside and out
- Do you have an unhealthy obsession with healthy eating?
Davidson plum: skin food from the Australian rainforest
Categories: Beauty, Our ProductsFebruary 23, 2015 | Posted by Mukti
The dark purple fruit of the Davidson plum hangs in grape-like clusters on strange, skinny trunks in the Australian rainforest. It's one of a select group of native Australian species attracting worldwide attention for its incredible healing effect on skin.
It's no accident the Davidson plum takes a starring role in five Mukti Organics products as it's a source of natural compounds that have a powerful regenerative and anti-aging effect on the skin.
There are four varieties of Davidson plum, which grows from the far tropical north of Australia to northern New South Wales. The Davidson plum we use is is certified organic Davidsonia jerseyana, harvested from the fertile lands of the Northern Rivers region near Byron Bay by Australian company NATIVE EXTRACTS.
This is the first time naturally derived phyto-active compounds have been stabilised in the same format in which they exist in nature. These 'true to nature' compounds are far more bio-available to the skin than synthetics.
Translation? Your skin will recognise these compounds as familiar friends and say come on in, rather than treating them like foreign bodies.
Mukti Organics products containing Davidson plum
How the Davidson plum works on your skin
The Davidson plum extract we use contains the flavonoid anthocynain, which researchers have found:
- is a very strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
- improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- promotes skin elasticity through enhanced collagen and elastin production
- behaves like an AHA (alpha-hydroxy acid)
Davidson plum also contains phenolic acids which are have an antioxidant effect on skin that's stronger than vitamin E. It's also an antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory agent and behaves like an AHA.
Davidson plum's flavone glycosides are strong antioxidants that stabilise and intensify the antioxidant activity of vitamin C. It also strengthens capillaries and reduces dark circles and puffiness under the eyes.
Finally, Davidson plum's flavonones provide a huge dose of antioxidants. And when it comes to antioxidants, the more of these anti-aging babies you can get onto your skin, the better.
We'll have a detailed look at some of the other bioactive native Australian ingredients we're now using in upcoming posts, so stay tuned.
Join the discussion (1)
Feb 23, 2015 07:04pm
I am so excited to find your website! Thank you for educating us with the wonderful ingredients that is in your products. I am very proactive in finding organic products that is gentle but also effective! Looking forward to trying your skincare regimen:)
Hi, I'm Mukti, the founder and creator of Mukti Organics. My aim is to assist you in achieving beautiful, radiant skin without using products containing toxic chemicals. Certified organic skin care is better for you, your family and our planet. Click here to sign up and receive 15% off your first order. Signing up and commenting on our blog posts enters you into our bimonthly draw to receive $150 worth of products of your choice.