- 20 Things To Consider Before Having Microdermabrasion
- Why do you choose organic?
- Can an alkaline diet give you beautiful skin?
- Pathogens in cosmetics: how to avoid contaminating your skin care products
- 7-minute workout app: a new mum's best friend
- HAIR BREAKAGE: 4 FACTORS TO CONSIDER
- New Year's Resolutions: 5 keys to reigniting love in your life
- 17 frightening facts you should know about skin care products
- REBIRTH: Mukti Organic Skincare’s newest incarnation is beautiful inside and out
- Do you have an unhealthy obsession with healthy eating?
Moist Gluten Free Chocolate Chia Cake
Categories: RecipesMarch 31, 2015 | Posted by Mukti
- 1 cup almond meal
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar (Or 3/4 cup honey, agave or alternative sweetener)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 125g butter/ coconut oil (Or 1/2 cup of olive oil)
- 5 Medium- Large eggs
- 1 teaspoon bicarb
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Line a spring form cake tin with non stick baking paper
- Soak the chia seeds in 1 cup of water for 15 minutes, stir regularly
- Place almond meal, sugar, cocoa, butter, eggs, bicarb in a large bowl
- Whisk to combine and make sure there are no lumps
- Add chia seed jelly and whisk until well combined
- Pour mixture into cake tin
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes (check it bounces back when pressed softly in the middle)
- Let the cake cool
- Finish cooling on a wire cooling rack
- Dust with cocoa
Topping ideas: Fresh berries, raw sliced almonds, coconut flakes
Join the discussion (5)
Dec 29, 2015 02:53pm
Great to see the Chocolate Chia Cake doing the rounds. xx tania
May 07, 2015 04:42pm
I was away in Japan when this blog was posted and can't wait to try it for my husband's birthday soon. Thank you Mukti
Apr 08, 2015 09:15pm
MOIST GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CHIA CAKE ...... This cake is easy, moist and so light to eat. The chia seeds add texture. Will be baking this for my friends.
Hi, I'm Mukti, the founder and creator of Mukti Organics. My aim is to assist you in achieving beautiful, radiant skin without using products containing toxic chemicals. Certified organic skin care is better for you, your family and our planet. Click here to sign up and receive 15% off your first order. Signing up and commenting on our blog posts enters you into our bimonthly draw to receive $150 worth of products of your choice.