- 20 Things To Consider Before Having Microdermabrasion
- Why do you choose organic?
- Can an alkaline diet give you beautiful skin?
- Pathogens in cosmetics: how to avoid contaminating your skin care products
- 7-minute workout app: a new mum's best friend
- HAIR BREAKAGE: 4 FACTORS TO CONSIDER
- 17 frightening facts you should know about skin care products
- New Year's Resolutions: 5 keys to reigniting love in your life
- REBIRTH: Mukti Organic Skincare’s newest incarnation is beautiful inside and out
- Serums, elixirs, oils, moisturisers – what's the difference?
Organic skin care for the cost of a cup of coffee
Categories: Our ProductsOctober 21, 2015 | Posted by Mukti
The cost of organic skin care is usually higher than supermarket or
pharmacy brands of skin care because it contains better quality ingredients and
In fact, the higher cost of certified organic skin care is an indication you’re getting what you pay for – high quality organic ingredients sourced from nature and selected for their nourishing and healing benefits to your skin, with no nasty preservatives, emulsifiers, fillers, synthetic fragrances and sulfates.
The certified organic raw ingredients we use are more costly due to the economies of scale used in their production. Also, we handcraft our products with care, love and integrity here in Australia. We don’t outsource to overseas manufacturers and we don’t mass produce our product, so the labour component is very high.
THE REAL COST OF ORGANIC SKIN CARE
But is the cost of organic skin care too high? Not if you think about how much you spend on a takeaway coffee every day without batting an eyelid (or other beverages if you’re not a coffee drinker).
We’ve calculated the average cost of a basic cleansing, toning and moisturising program using Mukti Organic Skincare products and found it to be significantly less than a daily cup of coffee.
1. Our 200ml Hydrating Cleansing Lotion is $49.95. One pump is the equivalent of 0.5ml and we recommend two pumps per application, which is 1ml. If you use it at this rate it lasts you about 60 days. We calculated this to cost 83 cents per day.
2. Our 100ml Rose Blossom Hydrating Mist Toner will give you 0.1ml per spray and we recommend 2-3 sprays for each application. This will last you about 100 days. We calculated this to cost $1.10 per day.
3. Our 50ml Hydrating Moisturiser is $54.95. One pump is 0.1ml and it should last you about 50 days. We calculated this to cost 50 cents per day.
So the total cost of a basic organic skin care routine using our products is on average $2.53 per day, which is less than a takeaway coffee.
If you want to add some extras like serums, you can comfortably do so without bumping it up past the cost of a coffee, which is about $4.50 if you only have one a day, more if you have two.
We’re not mathematicians so it’s not an exact science, but our calculations are pretty accurate and it gives you an idea of how affordable organic skin care is in the scheme of things.
If you’re a coffee drinker, you wouldn’t think twice about shelling out almost $5 a day for your daily caffeine fix.
Buying organic skin care is not only doing something lovely and nurturing for yourself, it’s also better for our planet, as we don’t use nasty chemicals and ingredients like microbeads that wash into our waterways, we don’t use the dreaded palm oil (the cause of enormous deforestation), we don’t test on animals and we use recyclable packing.
Don’t forget: There are many imposters with a lower price point using the words ‘natural’ and ‘organic’ on their labels, but they're often chock-full of toxic chemicals. Make sure you always look for an organic certification logo like ours from the Organic Food Chain.
How do you think the cost of organic skin care stacks up against department store brands and cheaper brands from the supermarket and pharmacy?
Hi, I'm Mukti, the founder and creator of Mukti Organics. My aim is to assist you in achieving beautiful, radiant skin without using products containing toxic chemicals. Certified organic skin care is better for you, your family and our planet. Click here to sign up and receive 15% off your first order. Signing up and commenting on our blog posts enters you into our bimonthly draw to receive $150 worth of products of your choice.