- 20 Things To Consider Before Having Microdermabrasion
- Why do you choose organic?
- Can an alkaline diet give you beautiful skin?
- Pathogens in cosmetics: how to avoid contaminating your skin care products
- 7-minute workout app: a new mum's best friend
- HAIR BREAKAGE: 4 FACTORS TO CONSIDER
- 17 frightening facts you should know about skin care products
- New Year's Resolutions: 5 keys to reigniting love in your life
- REBIRTH: Mukti Organic Skincare’s newest incarnation is beautiful inside and out
- Why our biophotonic glass will make you happy
Our quick guide to knowing your skin type & choosing the right products
Categories: BeautyMarch 24, 2015 | Posted by Mukti
Skin types form an inherent part of our makeup and are the result of oil (sebaceous) activity. The degree of skin type may vary depending on incorrect or excessive product usage.
It is "normal” to experience more than one skin type or condition at any given time depending on diet, environment, exposures, climate and lifestyle.
In summer, serums may suffice, keeping the skin moist. As we transit in the southern hemisphere into the cooler weather, it is recommended to apply a moisturiser over the top of serums to assist with deeper hydration and balance.
No apparent oily or dry areas skin appears balanced. It is the least problematic of all skin. The complexion is supple, healthy and clear with good circulation.
Occasional flaking of skin, no oily areas, and skin feels taut. It is more prone to develop wrinkles and fine pores and has a sallow tone and can get irritated. Click here to see which Mukti Organics products are especially suited to this skin type.
Oily generally in the t-zone or central part of the face (forehead, nose and chin) with a tendency to break out in those areas with dry and normal skin elsewhere. Click here to see which Mukti Organics products are especially suited to this skin type.
Shine appears all over the skin with no dry areas; thick and coarse with enlarged pores and a tendency to break out anywhere in to spots, blemishes and acne. Click here to see which Mukti Organics products are especially suited to this skin type.
We have a selection of products that contain sunscreens, antioxidants and specialised ingredients to replenish, balance and hydrate the skin. They are suitable for all skin types. Click here to see them.
The Age Defiance collection includes specialised ingredients to combat the visible signs of aging and maintain a youthful glow and complexion. The key ingredients are a combination of cosmeceutical peptides, bioactive native Australian extracts, vitamins and essential fatty acids in a certified organic base.
- Crèmes and thicker lotions are best suited to normal/dry skin types.
- Gels, liquids and lighter lotions are best suited for combination/oily skin types.
- If you experience an oily t-zone avoid moisturising this area.
- If your skin is dry add a few drops of our Antioxidant Facial Oil Omega 3,6,9 to your favourite serum or moisturiser.
Hi, I'm Mukti, the founder and creator of Mukti Organics. My aim is to assist you in achieving beautiful, radiant skin without using products containing toxic chemicals. Certified organic skin care is better for you, your family and our planet. Click here to sign up and receive 15% off your first order. Signing up and commenting on our blog posts enters you into our bimonthly draw to receive $150 worth of products of your choice.