- 20 Things To Consider Before Having Microdermabrasion
- Why do you choose organic?
- Can an alkaline diet give you beautiful skin?
- Pathogens in cosmetics: how to avoid contaminating your skin care products
- 7-minute workout app: a new mum's best friend
- HAIR BREAKAGE: 4 FACTORS TO CONSIDER
- New Year's Resolutions: 5 keys to reigniting love in your life
- 17 frightening facts you should know about skin care products
- REBIRTH: Mukti Organic Skincare’s newest incarnation is beautiful inside and out
- Do you have an unhealthy obsession with healthy eating?
Why camping is good for the soul
Categories: Health and wellbeing, LivingDecember 01, 2014 | Posted by Mukti
Camping is good for the soul because it’s all about simplicity, minimalism and reconnecting deeply with nature.
We’re talking about camping in the great outdoors here — not at a festival. Although that can be good for the soul for other reasons.
You don’t need much to go camping. You can get by with just a tent, sleeping mat, sleeping bag, gas stove and some natural insect repellent, or invest in top notch camping gear to make the adventure super comfy.
Camping is an inexpensive holiday that will pay you rich dividends in the form of an enlivened and inspired soul, an open heart and a relaxed, calm mind.
Try to seek out a camping spot without mobile phone reception if possible. Being entirely off the grid is actually a huge relief once you get over the sheer terror of not being able to use your phone to access the internet at all times.
For a fun, cost-effective and relaxing family holiday, you can’t fault it. I’ve never met a kid who didn’t love camping: toasting marshmallows over an open fire at night under a sea of stars is an experience very kid should have.
It’s also a great holiday to take with mates. Without the distractions of cafes, bars, restaurants and clubs, you can slow down and have real conversations with friends — and you don’t even have to shout over the music.
When your entertainment options are pared right down to admiring the beautiful scenery, swimming, walking, tending a fire and listening to the changing sounds of nature from dawn till dusk, you ease into a slower groove and there’s more room for your mind to roam.
You can dream of the future, reflect on the past, or just be in the moment. Just STOP and BREATHE.
Our rushed and busy lifestyles are making many of us tired, sick and stressed. Going camping takes you out of the daily grind for a few days, or even a few weeks.
Connecting with nature in a different environment brings a great sense of perspective. It gives you the breathing space to take time out and wonder what your life is all about. What is the purpose of all that busyness?
More importantly, is it making you happy?
Our top ten camping spots
We compiled this top ten by asking all the Mukti Organics staff where their favourite camping spots are:
1. Double Island Point, Great Sandy National Park, QLD
2. Davies Creek National Park, North QLD
3. Atherton Tablelands, North QLD
4. The Boulders, Babinda, North QLD
5. Fraser Island, QLD
6. Charlie Moreland Campground, QLD
7. Noosa North Shore, QLD
8. Clarkes Beach, Byron Bay, NSW
9. Abel Tasman National Park, NZ
10. Milford Sound, NZ
If you have a favourite camping spot to add to our list, please share in the comments section below.
Join the discussion (2)
Apr 01, 2015 02:25pm
It's good, but I'd never go camping where there wasn't a good 4G signal.
Dec 13, 2014 12:59am
arghhhhhh you need to come to injidup WA !!!!! stat
Hi, I'm Mukti, the founder and creator of Mukti Organics. My aim is to assist you in achieving beautiful, radiant skin without using products containing toxic chemicals. Certified organic skin care is better for you, your family and our planet. Click here to sign up and receive 15% off your first order. Signing up and commenting on our blog posts enters you into our bimonthly draw to receive $150 worth of products of your choice.