Frequently asked questions
- Why is it important to use a cleanser?
- Do I need a toner?
- My mist spray dispenser blocks - how can I fix it?
- When should I moisturise?
- How should I apply a moisturiser?
- What is the difference between a serum and a moisturiser?
- What is unique about the Age Defiance Collection?
- What are the benefits of the Age Defiance Collection?
- What are peptides?
- What is skin lightening and brightening?
- How should I apply the Age Defiance Serums?
- What's the difference between the Age Defiance range and the Vital C product?
- My sunscreen pump is not working?
- What is the pH of the shampoo and conditioner?
- Are your products non-comedogenic?
Why is it important to use a cleanser?
Cleansing is the MOST important step to achieve great skin.
We are constantly amazed at how many women still use plain old soap or water and wonder why their skin looks as parched and worn as the outback desert.
If the skin is not sufficiently clean, dead skin cells and bacteria remain causing the skin to become dull, flaky and prone to clogged pores and congestion. Cleansing also prepares the skin for the application and penetration of further products.
The majority of cleansers on the market today contain harsh surfactants that strip the skin of its natural oils further exacerbating existing skin conditions. Our plant-derived cleansers are mild and gentle and are conveniently designed to use in the shower.
Treat your face to a tantalising and sensual experience with our Hydrating Cleansing Lotion.
A toner will remove debris, residual soap and purify the complexion, balancing sebaceous activity and restoring the acid mantle. They assist with improving skin elasticity and providing an additional layer of nutrients and moisture. Most toners are based on synthetic alcohol and harsh chemicals and should be avoided.
Soak the mist pump dispenser in very hot water. If not in use regularly wipe the mist spray dispenser or run under the tap with very hot water.
Moisturisers should be used after cleansing and toning to re-hydrate and deeply nourish the skin. Our moisturisers are formulated to create a protective barrier against oxidants and moisture loss. Additional botanical ingredients such as concentrated superfruit native Australian extracts, essential fatty acids, pure vitamins and essential oils have both healing and rejuvenating qualities and offer maximum hydration.
A moisturiser should be applied after cleansing and toning. Note areas of dryness/oiliness on particular areas of the face. Also note the menstrual cycle when fluctuating hormones may result in increased sebaceous activity. Areas where the skin is producing sufficient oil, for example the t-zone and along the jaw line, do not necessarily require extra moisture and can be omitted from application. Rather concentrate on the drier areas of the face.
Serums are lighter and are packed with specialised ingredients and technology. Their molecular structure is smaller and designed to penetrate the deeper dermal layers of the skin to offer optimum results. They have a cosmeceutical effect that targets more than one concern. Moisturisers offer hydration and protection and assist to seal in the nutrients. They should contain a balanced concentration of emollients, including essential fatty acids that aid, replenish and repair.
Many other products on the market contain a bevy of toxic ingredients that may act as endocrine disruptors and can interfere with hormonal imbalance in women, which is counter-productive to our overall health and longevity.
Every ingredient in the collection has been specifically chosen for its anti-aging properties and to assist with rejuvenating and maintaining the skin. They are naturally compatible and work together to inhibit free radical formation, protect collagen, reduce inflammation, detoxify the skin and slow down the visible signs of aging.
A significantly higher than normal ratio (2-3x the recommended amount by our suppliers) of rejuvenating peptides is infused into a certified organic base making them one of the most active anti-aging products on the market.
A combination of native Australian extracts and aloe vera imbued with a synergistic blend of powerful botanical extracts, phyto-chemicals, naturally occurring vitamins and plant based antioxidants control moisture loss whilst repairing and restoring damaged skin.
- Topical alternative to botox and fillers
- 100% certified organic botanical base
- 100% effective peptides with proven scientific results
- Supported by scientific evidence and documentation
- Bioactive - cold formulated to maintain the integrity of the ingredients
- Native Australian extracts with skin regenerating properties and potent vitamins C, E and CoEnzyme Q10
- Powerful antioxidants – counteract environmental aggressors
- Every single ingredient is a key ingredient
- 100% disclosure of every ingredient
- Formulated in potent therapeutic quantities to achieve visible results
We have found through clinical trials that the results on the skin are immediate and continue to improve with regular and cumulative use. It is recommended for the best results to use the 3 products daily in conjunction with the standard Mukti Organics range as the serums have specific functions and ingredients to target different concerns.
Peptides are short-chain proteins that naturally occur in the skin and act mainly as messengers (signalling peptides) or hormones. Furthermore, they have been shown to play a key role in natural skin healing processes. Products containing peptides are claimed to have smoothing and nourishing effects on the skin. The amino acid sequence and chain structure determine the specific biological activity and function.
It refers to the practice of using active ingredients to assist to lighten and even out the skin tone and complexion by decreasing the concentration of hyper-pigmentation caused by sun damage.
For optimum results, we recommend that the 3 products are used in conjunction with each other:
- Apply the Age Defiance DAY Serum in the morning after cleansing.
- Use 1-2 pumps and press onto face, neck and décolletage.
- Apply the Age Defiance NIGHT Serum in the evening after cleansing.
- Use 1-2 pumps and press onto face, neck and décolletage.
- Apply the Age Defiance EYE Serum in the morning and the evening.
- Use a small amount the size of a grain of rice.
- Apply to tips of ring finger and gently press around the orbital area of the eye with gentle tapping motion.
They all have specific ingredients and functions.
- Age Defiance Day Serum acts as a topical Botox and targets plumping, firming and toning
- Age Defiance Night Serum targets luminosity, pigmentation and skin whitening
- Age Defiance Eye Serum targets puffiness, dark circles and crow’s feet
- Age Defiance Vital C Elixir - provides natural skin protection from IR infrared photo-aging, environmental stressors and free radicals. It has 20% vitamin C content.
The viscosity of the product can be affected by cooler temperatures. To resolve this issue, we suggest immersing or running the product under hot water.
The pH of both the botanique shampoo and botanique conditioner is 5.00.
All of the combination/oily range and our serums are non-comedogenic
Didn't find an answer to your question on this page?
Please use this form to ask any questions that you may have.