- 20 Things To Consider Before Having Microdermabrasion
- Why do you choose organic?
- Can an alkaline diet give you beautiful skin?
- Pathogens in cosmetics: how to avoid contaminating your skin care products
- 7-minute workout app: a new mum's best friend
- HAIR BREAKAGE: 4 FACTORS TO CONSIDER
- 17 frightening facts you should know about skin care products
- New Year's Resolutions: 5 keys to reigniting love in your life
- REBIRTH: Mukti Organic Skincare’s newest incarnation is beautiful inside and out
- Why our biophotonic glass will make you happy
10 quick ways to give your home a natural detox
Categories: LivingJune 02, 2016 | Posted by Mukti
If you've done a natural detox for your body before, you'll know how amazing it makes you feel. You feel lighter, you have more energy, your head is clearer and you sleep better. The same applies when you do a natural detox for your home. Keeping your living space as toxin-free as possible is essential for the optimum health of you and your family.
Our 10 natural detox tips for the home make it really easy:
your shoes off – before you enter the home as this will significantly reduce the dust load,
stickiness and residue from the outside world. It also stops any outside
negative influences from entering the sanctum of your home. Throughout Southeast Asia you will find shoes are not permissible in the house.
your home – by opening doors and windows and getting a cross breeze as often as you can.
A healthy home should be filled with fresh air and light. This is one of the quickest and easiest ways to detox your home the natural way.
- Avoid spray cans – insect sprays, air fresheners and artificial fragrances may contain endocrine and hormone disrupting chemicals
and are lung irritants. This is particularly important if you have a tendency
towards asthma and lung related issues.
the sun – when doing a
big spring clean and every couple of months. Place all bedding – blankets, doonas, pillows, mattresses,
toys, chopping boards, other fabric furnishings – in the sun for a few
hours on a regular basis. You can't beat a bit of sunshine for a natural detox.
- Food storage – store leftover food and beverages in glass,
stainless steel and ceramics instead of plastic. Many companies have gone BPA
free but this has been replaced with other chemicals that have not been
thoroughly tested including bisphenol-S, which is exhibiting endocrine disruption
at a higher level than BPA. Be on the lookout for EAF – estrogenic activity
free products. It’s the new BPA.
- Use a water filter – chlorine and fluoride in drinking water
have associated health risks. Purchased water could also contain contaminants and
reusing plastic bottles in hazardous to your health as well. Buy a good quality
water filter for your home and store your water in glass or stainless steel.
- Cleaning – reduce the number of chemicals you use to clean your
home by using microfibre cloths, bicarb soda, orange and clove oils, and water
with vinegar in a ratio of 80:20. It will save money as well as the environment.
- Invest in a good vacuum – it may cost a little more, but vacuums
fitted with a HEPA filter and motorised head will eliminate exposure to
allergens such as dust mites, mould and mites and alleviate allergies and
- Reduce exposure to electromagnetic fields (EMF’s) – make sure all
electrical appliances are well over a metre away from where you sleep or hang
out and turn your phone onto airplane mode when not in use or sleeping.
- Use a dehumidifier – if you’re living in a climate that is damp and moist and where mould spores easily and readily proliferate.
How important do you think it is to do a natural detox on your home on a regular basis and what strategies do you follow to keep your home toxin-free?
Hi, I'm Mukti, the founder and creator of Mukti Organics. My aim is to assist you in achieving beautiful, radiant skin without using products containing toxic chemicals. Certified organic skin care is better for you, your family and our planet. Click here to sign up and receive 15% off your first order. Signing up and commenting on our blog posts enters you into our bimonthly draw to receive $150 worth of products of your choice.