- 20 Things To Consider Before Having Microdermabrasion
- Why do you choose organic?
- Can an alkaline diet give you beautiful skin?
- Pathogens in cosmetics: how to avoid contaminating your skin care products
- 7-minute workout app: a new mum's best friend
- HAIR BREAKAGE: 4 FACTORS TO CONSIDER
- New Year's Resolutions: 5 keys to reigniting love in your life
- 17 frightening facts you should know about skin care products
- REBIRTH: Mukti Organic Skincare’s newest incarnation is beautiful inside and out
- Do you have an unhealthy obsession with healthy eating?
Protect your hair when swimming with our all-natural action plan
Categories: Beauty, Our ProductsSeptember 22, 2014 | Posted by Mukti
Protect your hair when swimming this summer by implementing our all-natural hair-protection action plan. These tips are quick and easy and you'll be happy you made the effort when summer’s over and your hair’s still looking fabuloso.
1. Coat your hair with an argan oil product
Moroccan argan oil is very high in vitamin E and fatty acids, which protect your hair when swimming during the long Aussie summer. Chlorine strips your hair of natural oils and and salt water is very drying. Our certified organic Botanique Conditioner is ideal to comb through your hair before swimming. It contains argan oil along with aloe vera leaf juice, chamomile,calendula, soy protein and lime flower to give your hair a super-hydrating coating and lock in moisture. Alternatively, just comb through some certified organic coconut oil . . . ah, the essence of the tropics. (Note: never shampoo your hair before swimming, as this strips away your hair’s natural oils, so it will soak up even more chlorine and salt water).
2. Braid your hair
Once you’ve combed through your product, braid your hair so it doesn’t get tangled as you frolic in the waves or swim laps at the local pool. Don’t braid it too tightly though, as hair is prone to breaking when wet.If you’re really serious about protecting your hair, tuck your braid into a swimming cap to minimise contact with the water. OK, so it’s not the sexiest look, but your hair will thank you for it.
3. Wash ASAP after swimming
We know beach hair looks HOT (no wonder there are so many sea salt hair products), but salt water is very drying and let’s face it, leaves your hair looking and feeling like straw. Ditto for chlorine. Jump under the shower at the the beach or the pool and give your hair a good rinse before you head home for a little more hair TLC.
4. Use an apple cider vinegar rinseSwimming regularly in chlorinated water will leave your hair limp, dry and dull. An apple cider vinegar rinse applied after swimming will miraculously restore life to your hair. Mix four parts water with one part apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle. Spray your hair generously, comb it through and let it sit for five minutes before rinsing off. It’s a cheap, all-natural hair remedy to keep on hand throughout the summer swimming season.
Hi, I'm Mukti, the founder and creator of Mukti Organics. My aim is to assist you in achieving beautiful, radiant skin without using products containing toxic chemicals. Certified organic skin care is better for you, your family and our planet. Click here to sign up and receive 15% off your first order. Signing up and commenting on our blog posts enters you into our bimonthly draw to receive $150 worth of products of your choice.